Thursday, February 23, 2006

Cleaning my filthy keyboard

Inspired by this tutorial from The Tech Zone, I finally decided to give my keyboard a well-deserved and long-waited cleaning.
The process required some extra work (more than the 45' needed to clean a regular keyboard, according to the guide) and a few adaptations, mainly due to the different structure and the tiny, fragile key retainers of my laptop, which made the removal phase slightly unnerving. But let's consider it as a sort of 'zen exercise'.
Believe me when I say that you do not want to know what I found under the keys, waiting for some creature to spring out of that indistinct mass of hair and crumbs and call me Dad.
It's amazing what you can do with a screwdriver, a vacuum-cleaner and an old toothbrush...
Disclaimer: no keyboards, nor tiny laptop-dwelling folks were injured during this project.


Categories/Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home