Thursday, November 10, 2005

Go out and play: iDoom and NES Micro

iDoom (Doom running in a Linux-powered iPod Nano) is a funny hack, but seriously: my eyes used to burn after about 1h of regular Doom on a 14'' monitor; I can't figure myself playing a FP shooter on a screen far smaller than my cell phone one (and putting at risk the warranty of a beloved gadget).

For my gaming needs, I could build a NES Micro, instead: a real NES stuffed into a beautiful hand-built case a few bigger than a Game Boy Advance Micro. Oh, and it works with original NES cartridges...


(via Boing Boing)

Categories/Tags: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • I just wonder why why why they are sooooooo geeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk! what's the point in building such a retina-fucker divice? there is no point actually ... so don't you think they just should find themselves a something better to do? such intelligence shouldn't be so badly wasted

    By Anonymous nourdine, at 11:57  

  • I guess the funny part finishes qhen you've managed to make the whole thing work... but playin' a 1st person shooter (or anything else beyond Pong) must be a torture... :)

    By Blogger Carlo, at 18:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home