Saturday, October 15, 2005

What's up with Bloglines?

Could anybody tell me what's wrong with Bloglines lately?
It's since yesterday that when I click on a feed showing (x) new items, the right panel shows the site name and nothing else, as if the site/blog wasn't updated at all. This is getting more and more frequent and annoying, and the need for a reliable alternative is becoming quite pressing.
t3h Blox0r coud be a good candidate: it has a clean GUI, folders (why most online feed readers lack this vital feature?), easy OPML import and even easier registration (just a user ID and a password). Too bad it sometimes has a few images/layout issues I can't live with...

Categories: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I've found Bloglines to be a total hit and miss proposition. I've pretty much moved my entire life onto the web and the hardest little piece is finding a good web-based aggregator.

    I keep coming back to Bloglines because it seems like the best on our there, but it really is unreliable. I've haad several days where all my blogs aren't updated on Bloglines. Kind of annoying.

    I'll check out t3h blox0r (although it sounds like a script kiddie site right off the bat). Thanks for the tip!

    By Blogger Jon, at 08:13  

  • I've just tried Rojo (www.rojo.com): it's nearly perfect, but if find it a bit sluggish compared to Bloglines... :(

    By Blogger Carlo, at 13:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home